Have Questions? Need Help?

Have a question about pregnancy, abortion, STDs or sex? Need help? Any age, confidential. Email birdsbeestalk@gmail.com

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Day that Changed my Life

12 Weeks
    When I was in my early twenties, I suspected I was pregnant but didn't go to the doctor.  I was in denial and had put it out of my mind thinking.... well, I wasn't really thinking.. I pretended it wasn't so.  One night I started having severe cramping and ended up in the emergency room.  The doctor told me I was pregnant and that I was having a miscarriage.  It was a very traumatic experience.  
    There was a very kind nurse taking care of me that night who calmed my spirit as she stroked my hair and held my hand.  I wasn't a Christian at the time. In reflection, I bet she was.  I will never forget what happened after I lost my baby.  This kind nurse cradled my little 12 week old baby in her hands and stood next to my bed.  She showed me my baby... it was very small .... in a very soft voice, she gently pointed out the babies arms and legs and facial features to me.  It is hard to explain my feelings... I was exhausted, hurting and yet mesmerized by my tiny little baby.  I wept quietly as I was admitted to the hospital that night.  I have often thought of this nurse and how she impacted my life without even knowing it.  I think I will meet her one day in heaven and share with her how her kindness and care impacted my life.

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love"  Ephesians 4:2