Have Questions? Need Help?

Have a question about pregnancy, abortion, STDs or sex? Need help? Any age, confidential. Email birdsbeestalk@gmail.com

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pregnancy Loss

My friend recently found out her daughter was pregnant.  It wasn't expected and wasn't great timing for a number of reasons including the fact that her daughter is just 17 years old.  No matter the circumstances, when a woman, young or older, loses her baby, it is heartbreaking.  Pray for healing in this family.

I see a hurting daughter while at the same time I am hurting myself.  It is very difficult to face a miscarriage.  I see that she is confused but at the same time doesn’t know how to react.   In many ways I see that she is trying to forget that she was ever pregnant.  Right now she is in the denial phase.  I am numb right now having to deal with things on several fronts.  Not only am I dealing with the pain of seeing my daughter hurting but also the pain of losing my grandchild.  This is the second grandchild that I have lost as my daughter-in-law also lost a baby.  I am also experiencing the resurgence of the loss of my own 2 babies through miscarriage. 

If I can, I am going to get my daughter involved in a grief support group.  I am hoping if we go together she will be willing to go.  I know that by myself I cannot totally help her.  I can be there when she needs to talk but I am too close to the situation to be effective in being her counselor. 

I don’t know why God has allowed this to happen.  The baby was not healthy was probably the main reason.  It could also be that it would have been too hard on my daughter.  What if I had kept her at home instead of finding her another place to stay?  I could do what ifs all day.  It won’t change a thing and I know that I won’t know this side of heaven.  

I do know one thing.  God is our ultimate comforter and healer.   He is there, we just have to reach out to Him.  I know that our healing will take time.  We will have to stay in close contact with God and continue to depend on Him.  There are too many instances in the Bible and in my own life that have shown me his faithfulness.  He will not leave me now.

And so Lord, where do I put my hope?  My only hope is in you.  Psalm 39:7